Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jacob is 30!

By the age of thirty Jacob has accomplished so much. He was a little bumbed this year thinking he was old and then I reminded him of what has happened in those thirty years. I asked him if he would have ever thought he would have five children living in Bakersfield with a Business degree and five years with a company. That is a lot to say for yourself. He has gotten to a place in his life that he feels like he is not young anymore. He is still young but I was thinking about when I was young and how I would look at families with five children thinking that their parents were old and we realized we are now those parents. It had to happen some time but we are still young at heart and our journey has just begun.
For Jacob's birthday he couldn't think of anything he wanted so I got him everything I have noticed he has wanted. Black socks (I had to wear white socks to work today because I couldn't find black ones). Chap Stick (do you know where my chap stick is?). Body pillow (maybe he won't need so many pillows to get to sleep, he has been using it to prop up his foot). New electric razor (my razor doesn't seem to be working very good anymore). His own brush (one without long hairs in it). Big Costco pack of gum (where did my gum go? He brings it home and we all eat it before he can have another one). Costco Jelly Beans of his own (we ate his Christmas stash for him). Dominoes (Jacob loves to play Chicken Foot and he is hillarious when we play but we didn't have our own set). Three polo shirts (I can't find any polo shirts that do not have Frito Lay written on them). I think that was all the gifts. But the fun gift was going to Las Vegas for his softball tournament together without kids!

1 comment:

momb said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! You will never grow old because you are just a kids at heart! Don't know who gets excited more, your kids or you! You are fun to have around and you are so good with all of the brood that you are Tara have. I am very proud of you and grateful that Tara has such a wonderful husband!
love, momb